Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Grandparents



The day after Spencer's Birthday I flew to Utah to go to my Grandma's funeral (mom's mom). She passed away on Friday the 6th. She made it to 91. My grandpa passed away last August at 99. They were married for 72 years! It is pretty amazing that they passed away about six months apart. They had 10 kids. I can't even imagine how busy she was with all of them. It was good to visit with relatives at the funeral that I haven't seen in a while. It seemed to be a happy time for everyone.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

that is so amazing! i know you really loved your grandparents-mom's parents. 72 years, wow! i hope josh and i make it to live that long and be married that long. (well i mean we are together for eternity but on this earth ;)

Dre Drea & Drew said...

What a blessing. I pray that We get to live that long. I can't even agagine all of the things that they were able to witness.